Amsterdam, the Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20 3306659
F: +31 (0)20 4221758
In 2007, Mr. Slager joined Hill Smith King & Wood as partner in the firm’s tax practice. His focus is on transfer pricing, business restructurings, debt and equity restructurings and M&A transactions.
Prior to joining Hill Smith King & Wood Mr. Slager inter alia held the following positions:
- Tax consultant in the international tax practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers in Amsterdam. During the period 1998-2001 he was part of the Global Structured Finance Group, Global Financial Products Group, Financial Services Group and Transfer Pricing Group. In this capacity he was involved in the organization, technical structuring, execution and closing of numerous alternative investment, structured corporate finance, restructuring and M&A transactions.
- Vice President of InnoCap. During the periods 2001-2004 he was responsible for structuring and placing several alternative investment funds. He also was responsible for the tax, legal and operational due diligence on the investments by the funds, the financial reporting and all regulatory, tax and legal affairs of the fund of funds and Innocap.
- Chief Operating Officer at Fortis. In the period 2004-2007 he was responsible for creating and maintaining the tax, legal, regulatory and operational framework of the fund of funds of Fortis, as well as the legal and operational due diligence on the investments by the fund of funds of Fortis. He was also responsible for the operational aspects relating to several reorganizations and transfers of the multi-management business within the Fortis group of companies and the acquisition and integration of a hedge fund of funds manager based in New York. In addition, Mr. Slager managed the private equity fund of funds of Fortis.
- Masters of Taxation and Economics degree at the Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Member of the Netherlands Order of Tax Advisors (NOB)
- Transfer pricing studies for a freight forwarding multinational, a multinational producing modular buildings and factory-built homes, an outsourced pharmaceutical developer and manufacturer, a multinational providing staffing services
- Several Applicable High Yield Discount Obligation studies
Valuations of IP, businesses and loan portfolios transferred in business restructurings of several clients